19 Crimes has created the most relevant artwork of the millenium. With it, ARPOP is born. Ponder its relationship with:
- the legacy of black and white photography
- the innovations of VR artists
- the act of viewing. AR can become a form of performance art on a private, intimate level
- a companion piece: Duchamp's urinal.
- the "lighthouses"(galleries, theatres and museums) that are no longer the dominant guides for social and cultural navigation. AR, GPS and social media, viewed on glowing phones and tablets, are replacing ivory towers. Decentralization is the future. 19 Crimes exemplifies the future of art.
-ARPOP is born.
Check Stephen Black on Facebook for details on live broadcasts.