Hello. Stephen Black here. This is my personal, self-initiated, self-funded and unofficial project to create accurate and simplified definitions about GeoPose. I am doing this because:
- I do (worldwide) presentations about AR, and need to be able to explain GeoPose clearly, and with technical accuracy. Short definitions increase comprehension, work well on Powerpoint, and save speaking time for other topics.
- GeoPose and AR are topics for journalists, bloggers and reporters, not all of whom have technical backgrounds. Clear and simple definitions allow for the maximum flow of accurate information.
- Although my ultimate goal is to create AR experiences/produce AR apps, I am now an AR educator/evangelist: speaking mainly to general audiences. It is clear that AR is not easily understood. GeoPost will be easy to use, but, for now, the concept will likely be intimidating to many people.
- English is not always the first language within the tech community.
- I'm a writer: I like using the fewest words to create most results.
So... all comments are welcome, and needed. By the time I give my presentation at ARIA/The MIT Media Lab, I hope to present the following ideas with the input and approval of those who are far more knowledgeable than I am.
Of course , once the following are clear, I hope the information can be shared by anyone, anywhere. I will also include the information in my ebook guide to AR project, which is updated as often as possible.
Thank you for your time and attention to this.
Please comment upon the italicized sentence. Thank you.