Notes for the video introducing the ARphabet Tour on Indiegogo.
Location: Boulevard of Houqian Bei
Stephen Black standing in the heart of China's Silicon Valley, holding the 2018 laminated pamphlet of Bubiko Orwell Tour highlights.
Like this test: https://youtu.be/fM2Z6kr7mAs
Points to cover:
- 2002: After years of working in art, photography and network TV (Cartoon Network, Fuji TV, Fox, CNN+) became creative director at 3D gamemaking company, WalkerAsia
- Walker/Asia was also doing something like Youtube, three years before Youtube.
- CEO's unexpected demise results in non-action, despite great interest by Singapore Ministry of Education, Singapore Science Center, publishers in Hong Kong and universities in Japan.
- SB, son of a book salesman, decides to write books and wait for VR/AR/spatial computing to become mainstream. Inspirations: his father, a book salesman and the release of the Kindle, Amazon's pioneering ebook reader.
- 2007-2016 SB writes books , including i ate tiong bahru a national bestseller. Also, collaborates with/supports Singaporean artist Michael Lee, including Office Orchitect an installation for the Singapore Biennale. With Amith Narayan establishes 3how music/performance collaborative.
- 2016, Oculus released. SB re-enters the world of spatial computing, begins discussing his VR ideas with receptive VCs.
- Visa complications result in what will become the Bubiko Orwell Tour of Southeast Asia. SB pivots from VR to AR.
- AR cinema becomes the focus, starring the following characters: the Dundercats (collaboration with Six Cat Studio), Secret Donut World (collaboration with David Severn) and Bubiko Foodtour.
- AR presentations/workshops at Hong Kong PolyU, a presentation at Le Wagon and pitches to VCs at TechCrunch.
- An invitation to participate in ARIA at MIT becomes the inspiration for the ARphabet Tour. Debuting at ARIA will be an ARKIT/Unity collaboration with Dominique Wu/Hummingbirdsday Studios, a game featuring Green Bean Boy and co-starring Bubiko Foodtour.
- The ARphabet Tour will also be a platform for Stephen Black to do readings and writing workshops.
- The ARphabet Tour also aims to educate people about mango sticky rice, Bubiko's favorite food.
- Separate from this, briefly mention the unicorn concept which has a high degree of success regardless of the global economy or 5G take-up.